Gemstones and crystals are an important part of human history being assigned mystical qualities both genuine and superstitious. Here is a list of the most commonly used gemstones, crystals, metals, and minerals and their metaphysical properties, healing properties, and spiritual meaning.
- Copper is the metal of the God Hermes, who facilitates mental agility and quick wit.
- It is also considered excellent to enhance and transmit thoughts, even over long distances.
- Copper is used for all types of healing, treatment of arthritis, relieving pain of broken bones, sexual instability, and low energy.
- Howlite is typically white or grayish white with fine grey or black or brown veins, often in a web-like pattern.
- Use Howlite when needing to reduce anxiety, tensions, and assist in the elimination of pain, stress and rage.
- Chemically, howlite is calcium borosilicate hydroxide, first discovered in Southern California in the late 1800’s.
- It was named after Henry How (1828-1879), a Canadian mineralogist.
- Often used to help with lucid dreaming and with remembering dreams.
- It is a stone of health and abundance, capable of enhancing the circumstances of life.
- Used as a good-luck talisman in many cultures,
- Nephrite Jade opens the Heart Chakra to allow good fortune to flow.
- Prehnite, a form of calcium aluminum silicate, has a vitreous to pearly luster. It is typically found in shades of yellow-green or brown-yellow.
- Prehnite is said to encourages composure, forgiveness and acceptance and is excellent for sufferers of claustrophobia.
- Prehnite was named after a Dutch mineralogist, Colonel von Prehn.
- Deposits can be found in Australia, China, Scotland, South Africa and the USA.
- Silver is a metal associated with love, peace and protection during travels.
- Silver can help those who are too aggressive to bring peace into their aura by helping one to get in touch with their own emotions and intuition.
- In many cases, it can be a mirror to the soul allowing one to see deep within the self with no judgment.
- It detoxifies the body and increases the absorption of vital minerals and vitamins.